Replacing windows can save you money on your taxes and utility bills but it is a considerable investment. The U.S. government offers a tax credit to encourage homeowners to purchase energy-saving windows.
By following the steps listed, you can receive the tax rebates being offered.
- Shop around for your window options. Make sure the energy-efficient windows you are looking into qualify for an energy-efficient-window tax credit.
- Check for windows with a U-factor of 0.30 or less and a 0.30 SHGC. Check these specifications carefully.
- Purchase the qualifying windows for your home. Statewide Remodeling has a wide selection of window replacement options.
- Keep records of all windows replaced and save all receipts for your tax records.
- Research the most up-to-date information on the tax credit available.
- File for a tax rebate when you complete your tax returns.
Also remember to check with your local energy providers to see if they offer any incentives or rebates.
If you are thinking about window replacement, call Statewide Remodeling today to schedule an appointment.