photo by CJ Sorg from flickr
Who says small bathroom designs can’t look great and be functional? By following the simple guidelines below, you will be well on your way to planning a bathroom remodeling project in your home.
- Use pedestal sinks rather than large vanity cabinets to save space.
- Be careful of where you place your door. The “door swing” can take up as much as 25% of the room.
- Place toilet, sink, and shower/tub along one wall to lower costs.
- Lighter paint colors make the room feel larger.
- Lay ceramic tile at a diagonal. It will make the bathroom feel less cramped.
- Put a linen closet just outside of the bathroom instead of taking up valuable space inside the bathroom.
- Use trim proportional to the size of the bathroom.