photo by reid from flickr
Replacing windows can save you money on your taxes and utility bills but it is a considerable investment. The U.S. government offers a tax credit to encourage homeowners to purchase energy-saving windows.
By following the steps listed, you can receive the tax rebates being offered.
- Shop around for your window options. Make sure the energy-efficient windows you are looking into qualify for an energy-efficient-window tax credit.
- Check for windows with a U-factor of 0.30 or less and a 0.30 SHGC. Check these specifications carefully.
- Purchase the qualifying windows for your home. Statewide Remodeling has a wide selection of window replacement options.
- Keep records of all windows replaced and save all receipts for your tax records.
- Research the most up-to-date information on the tax credit available.
- File for a tax rebate when you complete your tax returns.
If you are thinking about window replacement, call Statewide Remodeling today to schedule an appointment.